Can I use my will to name a guardian to care for my young children and manage their property?

Video Transcript

It is very important that when you sign a will that you name a guardian for any of your minor children. The guardian would have physical custody of your minor children if you pass away. In addition, that guardian could have control over any property inherited by the minor, but I think it’s a better planning idea to create a trust for the benefit of the minor. That way, the trust is run privately, outside of the court, and is a lot less expensive than having a guardianship over the minor’s property.

Back to Probate & Guardianship videos

2500 North Military Trail, Suite 460
Boca Raton, Florida   33431
Phone: 561-392-1800

Newsletter Sign-Up


Copyright © 2024 - Huth, Pratt & Milhauser   Site Map   Notices   Web Development & Web Marketing by IWD Marketing

2500 North Military Trail, Ste. 460 Boca Raton, Florida   33431 Phone: 561-392-1800 Directions