Do I need a new trust or will if move to a new state?

Video Transcript

Your trust or will is designed to work in any state in which you reside. If you move to a new state, however, and you have your will or trust set up in the old state, it’s a very good idea to sit down with an attorney and have them review the plan and give you recommendations. For example, if you move to a new state, you’re more likely to go into a hospital in that state, and you’d want your healthcare surrogate to be stated under the laws of that state to avoid any confusion or delays.

Back to Estate Planning videos

2500 North Military Trail, Suite 460
Boca Raton, Florida   33431
Phone: 561-392-1800

Newsletter Sign-Up


Copyright © 2024 - Huth, Pratt & Milhauser   Site Map   Notices   Web Development & Web Marketing by IWD Marketing

2500 North Military Trail, Ste. 460 Boca Raton, Florida   33431 Phone: 561-392-1800 Directions