Do I need a living will, health care power of attorney, or financial power of attorney?

Video Transcript

There certain documents that everybody must have if they want to privatize the decision making process upon incapacity. For example, every individual should execute a durable power of attorney. By executing a durable power of attorney, you’re appointing somebody to make financial decisions. If you become incapacitated, that person’s authority would still stand. You should also execute a healthcare surrogate. A healthcare surrogate will act for you in terms of medical decision making upon your incapacity. Finally, if two doctors determine you to be: Terminal, irreversible, vegetative and end-stage you want to make your intentions known with respect to life ending measures. I highly recommend that everybody consider appointing someone to act in the event of their incapacity

Back to Estate Planning videos

2500 North Military Trail, Suite 460
Boca Raton, Florida   33431
Phone: 561-392-1800

Newsletter Sign-Up


Copyright © 2024 - Huth, Pratt & Milhauser   Site Map   Notices   Web Development & Web Marketing by IWD Marketing

2500 North Military Trail, Ste. 460 Boca Raton, Florida   33431 Phone: 561-392-1800 Directions