* Name:
* Phone:
* Email:
Additional Information:

Please enter the characters shown above.

Reload Image
( * = Required )

What is the difference between a guardian of the person and a guardian of the property?

Back To Frequently Asked Questions

Video Transcript

A guardian over the person has the authority to decide the physical well-being of the ward. This would include where they live and certain aspects of their health care. It would also be similar to a health care surrogate as far as advanced directives go. With respect to the guardian over the property, that is the person that manages the ward's finances and is similar to a power of attorney as an advanced directive.

Call us at 561-392-1800 for a private and free consultation. Our entire staff looks forward to exceeding your expectations in everything we do.